It’s hard to believe that we’ve been in Europe for over seven months. That means we have less than four months before we return home.
Here’s the rough itinerary for the rest of our trip:
- Aug. 26 – Sep. 03, Spain (Cordoba, Madrid)
- Sep. 03 – Sep. 11, Portugal (Porto, Lisbon)
- Sep. 11 – Sep. 19, France (Marseilles, Nice, Cannes, Monaco, and Monte Carlo)
- Sep. 19 – Oct. 09, Greece (Athens, Delphi, Olympia, ?)
- Oct. 09 – Nov. 04, Italy (Milan, Florence, Venice, Rome, Naples)
- Nov. 04 – Nov. 09, Switzerland (?)
- Nov. 09 – Nov. 14, Austria (?)
- Nov. 14 – Nov. 19, Hungary (Budapest)
- Nov. 19 – Nov. 26, Czech Republic (Prague)
- Nov. 26 – Dec. 04, Russia (Moscow, St. Petersburg)
- Dec. 04 – Dec. 18, Germany (Berlin, Hamburg, Munich, Stuttgart)
We’ve already booked travel and lodging for Spain, Portugal, and France. If you know of any specific places to stay in any of the other cities, please let us know.
Speaking of places to stay, we love the hotel we’re staying at in Cordoba, Spain – the Hospederia Duque San Martin. It’s a quaint, clean, comfortable, family run hotel within walking distance to most of the city’s tourist attractions. It’s got its quirks (poor lighting in the rooms, doors that need a nudge to close, no phone in the room), but all of those things somehow add to an ambiance that gives this place a distinct European feel.
The city of Cordoba has also proven to be a wonderful surprise. Cordoba is everything we imagined an old authentic Spanish city could be. It’s very romantic, and we definitely recommend spending a few days here.
Before coming to Cordoba, we spent 4 days in Malaga, Spain. Malaga is one of the larger cities on the southern coast of Spain. We didn’t dislike Malaga, but we didn’t find it particularly interesting.